Stories like Brandon Quesada’s are all too familiar throughout the state of New Jersey. Group homes are meant to be a safe haven for people with special needs. Unfortunately, there are many group homes where this is not the case.

Fighting for the Rights of People Abused and Neglected in Group Homes

If you are aware of an instance of abuse or neglect in a New Jersey group home, there is an immediate action you can take to seek justice. If the victim is 21-years-old or over, you can file a complaint with New Jersey’s Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD). For those under 21, you will need to file your complaint with the Department of Children and Families (DCF). In either case, the DDD and DCF must investigate all reports.

abused woman using a phone to call for help

Providing a Helping Hand

At the Law Offices of Johanna G. Burke, we strive to help anyone dealing with the malicious abuse and neglect of their loved ones. Contact us today, and we will work with you to put an end to negligence in New Jersey group homes.